Google Analytics

Site Meter

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Web Service of the Week: Search Engine 101

The question of ‘How do I get my site listed in search engines?’ is common among smaller businesses. I have friends ask me everyday for help with search engine marketing and for ideas on how to leverage search for their business.

Today, search is one of the few true vehicles that smaller and middle sized businesses have to effectively and efficiently market themselves online.

This new search engine submission service is pretty cool. The company is called CoffeeCup, which I assume is a play on Java. I came across it when I was looking at different businesses that were in this SEO and SEM space. This is an automated way to get your business up and running quickly. There are many of these services, but this is one that I have found with great tools and an interface.

The Submit Fire service will automatically submits your Website to over 3000 Search Engines and Directories. They also review and submit your site to the Top Search Engines by hand to make sure that it is accepted. Not only that, but they have a great set of tools to manage your search placement and results.

If you are just try to figure out how to get your business up and running online, this is a good start. Not only do you get a great service for less than $10, there is a free version also available. I give this simple, but effective, service four stars.

Disqus for Cold Kiwi