Google Analytics

Site Meter

Saturday, October 20, 2007

First Cub Scout Hike...

Dryver and I went on our first official Cub Scout hike today. It was fun to go around Great Falls and see the wildlife, while Dryver got to play with his friends. They all were running around and climbing on trees and picking up sticks and looking for bugs. They were actually pretty well behaved for a bunch of 1st graders who had never gone on a hike before.

Dryver had his Tai Kwon Doe Gold Belt graduation before the hike, so we were about an hour late. Luckly our cell phones worked in the woods and the scout master was able to meet up with us half way down the hike. We were really lucky to fit in a soccer game, graduation, hike and dinner in one day.

It was great to spend the day with Dryver, it really is starting to bring back some great memories from me and my dad. I remember all of Cub Scouts and all the times with my friends going over to the Den Mom's house after school and having hotdogs. I also remember my dad helping out with the Pinewood Derby and even being a scout master for our Webelos group.

I am sure Dryver will remember these days for the rest of his life, and I am really happy that we can spend this time together.


Disqus for Cold Kiwi