Google Analytics

Site Meter

Friday, July 16, 2010

Traffic and more Traffic...



I hate traffic. I think it is one of the worst things people have to deal with everyday of their lives. Why put people though so much pain and heartache before they get to work? It is really such a problem, and it is a problem that our government doesn't have a solution for. It is such a big problem that people don't even know how to hold their politicians accountable for fixing it.

Our Alexandria City Council has run on fixing the traffic situation for years, the Governor of our great Commonwealth ran on the traffic problem, and it seems to be a story in almost every newspaper and blog at least once a month.

Outside of really inforcing strict HOV rules, working with companies and the government to establish rolling start times, creating much higher tolls, creating multi-layer highways, or creating flying cars, I am not sure if we are going to fix this problem anytime soon.

I am lucky that my office is 3,000 miles away, and I don't have to deal with traffic everyday, but I do realize how much stress it creates when I need to get to a meeting or the airport and am sitting in a car waiting forever to move 100-feet.

It is like a bad dream!

Disqus for Cold Kiwi