Google Analytics

Site Meter

Monday, March 01, 2010

My 25 Films of 2009

I counted a total of about 200 films that were made in 2009 that I have seen. When I travel I see at least 2-3 films on a flight and then when working late at night I get to see the latest films in the hotels or online.

I went through a list of 300 films that were released in 2009 and ranked the top 25, based on if I liked them or not. The list below is in alpha order as I have not actually ranked them from 1-25, though my favorite for the year was either Big Fan, Anvil, American Violet, or The Hurt Locker.

The list:

American Violet
An Education
Anvil! The Story of Anvil
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Big Fan
Crazy Heart
Earth
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Humpday
Invictus
Knowing
Moon
My Sister's Keeper
Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire
Splice
Taken
The Boat That Rocked aka Pirate Radio
The Damned United
The Dark Knight (re-release)
The Girlfriend Experience
The Hurt Locker
The Lovely Bones
Toy Story 3-D & Toy Story 2 3-D Double Feature
Uncertainty

Disqus for Cold Kiwi