Google Analytics

Site Meter

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Yvonne Folkerts for School Board

I strongly recommend your consideration to vote for Yvonne Folkerts for the Alexandria School Board. The ACPS (Alexandria City Public Schools) need some focus and true leadership that will elevate our children’s futures. There is great momentum in our school system, and no one can argue against the great progress we have made.

It is time to grow and improve exponentially! The election is May 2nd and this is such an important time for our community!

Yvonne is the person that is going to make a difference!

From her website:

As the parent of elementary school children, Yvonne is committed to bringing strong leadership and new ideas to the Alexandria School Board. She will work to ensure academic excellence for every student, open communication between the community and the School Board, and good stewardship of taxpayer dollars.

Check out more about Yvonne at her website: yvonnefolkerts.com

If you haven’t guessed already, I am going to vote for her!

Why should my opinion matter to you?

+ I pay a lot of my income to the ACPS budget through my taxes; it is about 30% of the city taxes go to the schools.

+ I am a middle school youth advisor at Westminster Church and really love the kids and I see the direct and immediate impact the ACPS has on their futures.

+ The most important people in my life are directly impacted by the success or failure of the Alexandria Schools…

1. My two sons, Dryver and Stryde, are going to attend Alexandria Public schools. Dryver starts Kindergarten in August.

2. Jennifer, my better half, is a kindergarten teacher in the ACPS, at Douglas MacArthur Elementary school .

I pay a lot of my income to the ACPS budget through my taxes; it is about 30%
of the city taxes go to the schools.

I have more than a vested interest in the future of our schools. It is critically important to the people I love the most.

I am 100% certain, Yvonne will make a difference! An enormous difference!

Disqus for Cold Kiwi