Google Analytics

Site Meter

Friday, December 01, 2006

Posting Daily… Or Not!

Okay, so I have not posted in almost a month. Life has been crazy as usual, but this month has been really crazy. I decided to take a month off from posting and regroup on what I wanted to do with this blog. It is fun for me, but I want to make it interesting for the 1,000 visitors per day.

I realize that most of the visitors are either people I know, or most recently, due to search traffic. So I decided to analyze the traffic and see why people come to the site. I think if you look at people that know me, they come just to read what I am up to and what I have on my mind. I do the same for people I know that have blogs.

But the other set of people that come to the site come for different reasons, and I have narrowed these down to a set of four main points. I am going to structure the blog around the four points, along with a few posts about my life and family.

So here it goes… The four most popular topics I have found on my blog (besides me just writing about what I had for breakfast) are: Alexandria and Virginia politics or local topics of the day; Photography and some cool photos I take or come across; Web 2.0 and internet stats and data (such as comScore and NetRatings); and finally fun and family stuff, such as cooking and things to do.

So that’s it. I guess I am back where I started. A blog about everything, but really about nothing of importance to anyone but me. I am glad you are reading it, and I love the comments. I will be posting daily again, so please come back and check me out!

Disqus for Cold Kiwi