Google Analytics

Site Meter

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Movie of the Year: In Pursuit of Happyness

I just saw this movie again on a plane and still can’t believe how much the movie touched me. I think it is one of the few movies in my life that I really felt true hardcore emotion while watching the film. It touched me in a way that it is hard to describe. I can still see the scenes and tear up thinking about the struggles of life that were presented in this film.

If you haven’t seen it, please do so. It will really touch you and make you think about what life is all about. The film is based on a true story of a struggling young family that is trying to survive. The struggles are real and the film is able to compress and present the story in an amazing way that I have never seen before.

I won’t try and explain what the movie is about, except to say; to me it is about the true love of a father for his son. It is about a man’s constant search struggle to provide a secure and stable life for his family.

I really commend Will Smith and the directors in bringing this true story to the silver screen. There are not enough stories like this presented to the world, and unfortunately, there are too many of these struggles happening in real life.

Go see this movie. You won’t regret it!

Disqus for Cold Kiwi